ASSESSMENT AT CHIE
On this page, you will find links to a set of brief discussion and guidance papers.
The papers will discuss and guide how, at CIHE, we will:
- Operationalise policy
- Enhance student learning experience and success
- Drive our pedagogy with the current scholarship of teaching and learning
- Support continued improvements to assessment policy and practice at CIHE
- Facilitate academic quality assurance
- Support professional development of academic staff
The papers will also form
- a point of discussion for the Academic Board’s input into CIHE academic policy regarding assessment, and
- a dissemination/professional development mechanism for academic staff to develop and share a collaborative and scholarly-engaged approach to assessment.
The Dean is writing the initial 3-4 papers. When operational, staff will be invited to work on the Assessment at CIHE papers as a professional development/collaborative activity that can also be used to facilitate the development of their own research focused on Teaching and Learning.
The initial 4 topics will be:
- Criteria and Standards
- Industry involvement in assessment (based on the Dean’s participation at the September 2017 TEQSA assessment forum)