EARLY ENTRY PROGRAM
Are you interested in applying for the CIHE Early Entry program for our 2023 intake? If you choose this option, you may also qualify for a scholarship.
You can apply for early entry any of these courses:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Bachelor of Information Technology
Secure a conditional offer in advance at CIHE and reduce your stress for the final HSC exams! Designed for high-achieving school students, the program assesses your application based on your Year 11 academic achievements.
Applications are now open and close on 25 September 2022.
Our Early Entry Program recognises and rewards your hard work, while providing you with some security about your next steps after school.
Applications are now open for 2023. Click here apply
You can apply for a place in all CIHE courses through the Early Entry Program.
Who can apply
- Australian citizens and permanent residents studying a current Australian Year 12 qualification or International Baccalaureate (only students undertaking the November IB exams)
- Onshore international applicants studying a current Australian Year 12 qualification or International Baccalaureate (only students undertaking the November IB exams only)
- Now – Applications are open!
- Sunday 25 September – Applications close at 11.59pm
- Monday 26 September – Document upload closes for all applications
- Tuesday 11 October – Provisional offers released to applicants
- October (TBC) – Early Entry enrolment opens for offer holders
- Wednesday 12 October – HSC written exams commence
- Thursday 4 November – HSC written exams conclude
- Thursday 15 December – ATARs released to all NSW/ACT applicants
- Monday 19 December – Confirmation of offer and meeting of eligibility requirements email to Early Entry offer holders (NSW/ACT HSC students)
- Thursday 22 December – Confirmation of offer and meeting of eligibility requirements email to Early Entry offer holders (interstate students)
- Friday 6 January 2023 – Confirmation of offer and meeting of eligibility requirements email to Early Entry offer holders (IB students)
How to apply
- You can preference up to 2 CIHE courses in your application
- For IB students – you can either upload your Year 11 report, or complete and upload the CIHE Early Entry Program Year 11 Results Form to the application portal for us to access your results
- For interstate applicants – you will need to complete and upload the CIHE Early Entry Program Year 11 Results Form to the application portal for assessment
- 11 October – Early Entry Program applicants receive provisional offers before the HSC/IB exams commence
- Provisional offers will be based on your Year 11 results
- Students will also be required to meet a minimum ATAR requirement of 50
- Don’t forget:
- you’ll receive a provisional offer based on your highest eligible preference, so make sure to put your preferred course as your top preference
- once you receive your provisional offer, all you need to do is accept and enrol in your 2023 subjects. Check the CIHE 2023 prospectus for subject to enrol into.
What is the CIHE Early Entry Program?
The CIHE Early Entry Program is designed for students who have achieved in Year 11. It recognises and rewards your hard work, while providing you with some security about your next steps after school. Offer holders can accept and enrol into their CIHE course before their HSC/IB exams. It is important to note that students must still meet the minimum ATAR requirement for their course.
How can I apply?
You can apply through the CIHE Early Entry Program application portal (the portal is live). If you have any questions about applying, please contact us at ASK CIHE
Does it cost anything to apply?
It’s free to apply for the CIHE Early Entry Program.
What do I need for my application?
You will need to submit your Year 11 results.
Upload the CIHE Early Entry Program Year 11 Results Form to the application portal.
How are applications assessed?
Applications are assessed based on your Year 11 results.
When assessing Year 11 results, will certain subjects be given extra weighting?
CIHE will be looking at your performance overall in Year 11. No subjects will be given additional weighting.
Can I apply for multiple courses?
Yes. You can preference up to two courses in your application. If you meet the eligibility requirements, an offer will be made to your highest eligible preference and only one offer will be made per application.
How should I order my preferences?
We encourage you to put the course that you are most interested in as your first preference, as we make offers based on your highest eligible preference.
I have changed my mind about which course I want to do, but I’ve already applied. Can I change my preference?
Yes, you can change your preferences up until the application closing date (25 September, 11.59pm).
How will I know if I have received an offer?
If you’re eligible for a provisional offer, you will receive an email from CIHE on 11 October. You will be able to accept and enrol into your CIHE course from October. Students will still be required to complete their HSC/IB and meet a following minimum ATAR requirements of 50
What is a provisional offer?
Provisional offers are similar to full offers. The requirement is that Early Entry offer holders must complete their HSC/IB and meet a minimum ATAR requirement. Students who don’t meet this requirement may have their enrolment withdrawn by CIHE.
What is the ATAR requirement for the Early Entry Program provisional offers?
Students will be required to meet a minimum ATAR requirement of 50. if your ATAR result is 50 or higher, you will receive a firm offer to that course.
After I receive my provisional offer, do I still need to achieve the 2023 selection rank for my course?
No, Early Entry offer holders are not required to meet the 2023 selection rank for their course.
All Early Entry offer holders will only need to meet the ATAR requirement of 50
What are the next steps after receiving my provisional offer?
Congratulations on receiving an offer! You should have received an email from CIHE which will contain instructions on how to accept your offer. If you need any assistance with accepting your offer, or enrolling into your course, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have an offer but not yet ready to enrol, what are my options?
We recommend that you accept your offer so you can reserve your place in the course. To get the ideal timetable, it’s recommended that you enrol early. However, you can complete your enrolment before orientation starts in 2023.
What is the deadline to accept my Early Entry offer?
Early Entry offers will lapse on 6 March 2023. It is recommended that you accept your offer and start the enrolment process as soon as possible to avoid missing out on your preferred classes.
What are my options if I do not receive an offer?
There are other admission options available to you to study at CIHE.
Can I receive more than one offer under this scheme?
No. You can only receive one offer under this scheme.
If I receive early offers from other universities, will that impact my ability to receive early offers from CIHE?
No, receiving an early offer from another institution will not stop you from receiving an early offer from CIHE.
If I receive an early offer from CIHE, can I still be eligible for offers via UAC?
Yes! The Early Entry Program and the UAC offer rounds are different. You can get an offer through the CIHE Early Entry Program and also receive offers in the UAC offer rounds. In UAC offers will be based on your Year 12 results and eligible adjustment factors.
Can I defer my offer?
Yes, you can in most cases.
Are adjustment factors considered in the CIHE Early Entry Program?
No, you will be considered for an offer based on your Year 11 results and meeting the ATAR requirement for your course.